Third Quarter 2007
Cover Story: The AFL-CIO Building Investment Trust:
Turning Pension Dollars into Union Jobs
The AFL-CIO Building Investment Trust is a $2.7 billion pooled real estate fund serving pension plans with union beneficiaries and has helped finance over $3.5 billion in commercial investment across the U.S. So what does this mega-fund have to do with the average worker?
For some members of Local 30, the answer is: it provides jobs. Because when the Trust finances a project, all on-site construction, operation, and maintenance are done solely by union workers. The Executive Building in downtown Washington, DC, is one of these projects.
Our National Roofing Industry Pension Plan is one of the Trust’s largest investors. Inside, read about how our pension dollars really do turn into union jobs.
President’s Page: Our National Benefit Funds: Taking Care of You and Your Family and Creating Union Jobs
- Marketing Issues: Market the Union Advantage
- Apprenticeship Corner: Apprenticeship Competition Held in Buffalo and Detroit
- Safety & Health: Update on Safety & Health Training Materials Available from the International
- Safety & Health Special Report: The Changing Face of Construction Fatalities
National Benefit Funds
Summary Annual Report (SAR)
- SAR for National Roofing Industry Pension Fund
- SAR for National Roofing Industry Supplemental Pension Plan
District Council & Local Union Roster
(Note: The above articles have been slightly restructured for web use and differ in format only from the actual printed magazine.)