National Roofing Industry Pension Plan
The NRIPP was established in 1966 to help Roofers and their families prepare for financial security during their retirement years. Today this fund provides benefits to more than 6,500 retirees and beneficiaries and has paid out more than $550 million in benefits. About 11,000 roofing industry employees currently work under contracts covered by the NRIPP.
If your employer has agreed to participate in the plan and make contributions on your behalf, and you satisfy the plan's requirements, you will be eligible for a monthly retirement check when you retire from the roofing industry.
You may participate in the plan if you work at least 500 hours in a plan year for a contributing employer, are doing work covered by a collective bargaining agreement or other written agreement recognized by the plan trustees, and your employer is required to contribute to the plan on your behalf.
In subsequent years, you receive plan credit if you work at least 450 hours in a plan year for a contributing employer. You become vested after earning five years of vested service.
Major benefits of the plan include:
- monthly payments after normal retirement at age 65 (after 5 years of vested service);
- early retirement payments as early as age 55 (after 15 years of vested service; however, if you were participating in the plan prior to January 1, 2004, and have not lost all of your vested service earned prior to January 1, 2004, you may retire early upon reaching age 55 with at least 10 years of vested service);
- disability payments for total and permanent disability after 10 years of vested service; and
- death benefits to your surviving spouse or beneficiary.
This is a brief summary of the NRIPP. Contact the Fund office or visit its website
for more information or to receive a copy of the Summary Plan Description.
Contact the Fund Office
If you have questions, please contact the Fund office, Wilson-McShane Corporation:
3001 Metro Dr., Ste. 500
Bloomington, MN 55425
Access Important Pension Information Online
Information regarding your pension is now available online at the fund’s website, www.nripf.com.
Logging in to this website lets you access all your pension account information in one place. You can:
- view your monthly work hours contributed to the fund;
- view your estimated “normal retirement age” benefit;
- see a complete history of contributions made on your behalf;
- verify your contact information;
- download important forms, including the pension plan application, authorization for electronic deposit, beneficiary designation and more;
- download documents, including the Summary Plan Descriptions, recent notices and more; and
- use the site to e-mail any questions to the Fund office.
Go to www.nripf.com
on your Web browser. If it is your first time logging in, you will be asked to enter personal information to verify your identity. You will also need to provide an e-mail address, password and security question.
Once you are logged in, simply select from the menu options to view your history or download forms. You can also click on “Contact Us” to send an e-mail to a pension fund representative, who will be happy to assist you with any questions.