Marketing and Organizing:
The Keys to Improving Roofers' Lives
Union membership brings many advantages to workers: Higher pay. Better benefits. Apprenticeship. Safety training. Higher productivity. Greater job stability.
Our signatory contractors benefit from having the best-trained, most-productive, hardest-working roofers and waterproofers in the world.
By joining together, working men and women gain strength in numbers so they can have a voice at work regarding the issues most important to them. The more members we have, the stronger our voice will be—which in turn helps create better working conditions and a strong middle class.
The members of the Marketing Department at the United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers work hard every day to build a larger, stronger union in order to improve conditions for both members and signatory contactors. The team’s mission includes:
- achieving significant growth in the union’s market share, giving our members a competitive advantage at the bargaining table;
- marketing our members as the best-trained, most-productive and safest roofers and waterproofers in the country;
- creating job opportunities, so that every member is able to earn decent wages and benefits for themselves and their families;
- building relationships with our signatory contractors;
- providing a well-trained workforce for our signatory contractors; and
- educating the public about the benefits of the union.
Our mission remains the same today as it was over 100 years ago: To unite and bring together ALL Roofers and Waterproofers for the good of all in the industry.
To view our video "Build Your Future in Roofing," click here.